Sunday, September 28, 2014

31DC2014: Day 28 - Inspired By A Flag

Hello again! I promised myself at the start of this challenge that I wouldn't do the same things as I did last year, I wanted to change it up a bit and try to expand my creativity even more, and so far I think I've succeeded in doing that. But it stops at today's prompt because I've chosen the same flag as last year. I do have an excuse though, last year was a very poor attempt at the Australian flag, I was rushed for time and behind on my posts so I went with something very basic even though I wanted to the design I've done today. A year late isn't too bad though!

For this design I followed this tutorial by The Nailasaurus to do the Union Jack on my middle fingernail. It was very easy to follow and I'm quite happy with how it turned out! I do tend to have a shaky/twitchy hand and that did cause some mishaps while trying to fix up the small details, but I was able to fix those mistakes up too in between the shaky-ness. 

Unfortunately, I am not at all happy with how the Commonwealth Star and the Southern Cross constellation turned out. I didn't have a steady hand and my thin nail art brush was at it's wit ends, so I just sort of clumped some white polish together and hoped for the best. They do still look sort of how they're supposed to, I just wish they looked a bit better. Despite that though, you can definitely tell it's supposed to be the Australian flag. I did consider not doing the stars but I didn't want it to look like I was doing the UK's flag, so crappy stars it was!



I'm very proud of that little Union Jack! I can't stop staring at it and smiling because it took a bit of effort and I know that last year I would never have been able to do it, but I managed to this year which tells me I've improved heaps and I'm really happy about it!

I'm all caught up now (even though I wasn't far behind), and tomorrow's prompt is Inspired By The Supernatural. I don't have any plans yet so that'll be interesting. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx