Thursday, September 19, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 19 - Galaxy

I am so incredibly excited to show you what I achieved! I've attempted galaxies before without great success and I knew it was because I didn't have a great range of colours, but a year later my collection is a lot bigger than it used to be so I knew today would be a breeze. 

I love everything about galaxy designs, I used to own the purple galaxy leggings from Black Milk Clothing before I sold them and I currently own the blue galaxy skirt from Black Milk. I love looking at pictures of galaxies too so I was always disappointed when I couldn't replicate them on my nails. But when I successfully did these nails I was massively excited and couldn't stop staring at them. I don't even want to take them off to do tomorrow's design!




I used a few colours to achieve this look:
Black Base: Onyx Rush - Maybelline Color Show (this has a slight shimmer to it so I thought it'd be a great base for galaxies).
The following colour were what I sponged:
My Boyfriend Scales Walls - O.P.I
Meteor - Savvy by DB (what a fitting name for a galaxy design)
Suzi Says Feng Shui - O.P.I
SeƱorita Rose-Alita - O.P.I

I then used MBSW to add a few star-like dots and then used an unnamed glitter and top coated it with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri (which is my fave top coat).

I had a lot of fun doing this and I'm super happy with how it turned out. I was so glad I was successful. I definitely think I'll be doing this again with different colours. Tomorrow's prompt is watermarbling and I am a huge fan of watermarbling so I can't wait to pick some colours and go nuts!

1 comment:

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx