Tuesday, October 07, 2014

September BellaBox Review

Hi everyone! This post is going up quite late compared to when I got the actual bellabox because I didn't want to interrupt my challenge posts and then I just got lazy and needed a break from blogging. But here it is nonetheless!

The theme for September was Beauty Wardrobe with Gritty Pretty. Once again, I didn't massively understand the theme but oh well. 



  1. Lash Card Mascara Shields (RRP $7.95) - I haven't yet used this, just because I don't have a massive need for it. I did open the package and have a look at it though and it seems pretty nifty. There are two sizes on either end of the card so that you can pick one that fits your eyelid shape. I used to be someone who got mascard all over my eyelid but eventually I became more careful with my application and if I get some excess I just wait till it dries and rub it off with a cotton bud. I might use this, but I also might not. It'll probably sit in my 'extras' draw for a while before I find it again.
  2. Geologic Nail Enamel in Black (RRP $9.99) - This is one of those polishes that claim to be exactly like gel polish just without using UV or LED light. I haven't tested this particular colour out but my mum got the top coat from this brand/range and I've got a review of it coming so look out for that soon!
  3. 1000 Hour Lashes (RRP $8.99) - I also haven't yet used these eyelashes because I only recently purchased different lashes from this brand and also some lashes online. So I'm just adding them to my collection of lashes that I may never use. It's good that it comes with glue though if you're someone who is just starting out.
  4. Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill Hand Therapy (RRP $10) - A person can never have too many hand lotions so I was happy I got this. It smells very lovely too, but I think some people wouldn't enjoy this particular smell. I love it because it smells a bit like potpourri which reminds me of how one of my nana's house's smells. It does leave a slightly oily residue but it soaks in quite quickly and I always just rub off the excess anyway. I'll see how it goes over the next month to decide if I'll buy it.
  5. Sleek Makeup Eye Dust in Eden (RRP $4.49) - I've never used loose eyeshadow before and I haven't yet tested this out, just because I think I need to be in the mood to deal with loose powder, plus it's not a colour I would wear anyway so I'm not sure when I'll use this. My mum also got one in a different colour I think so maybe hers might be more wearable.
  6. Pureology Pure Volume Blow Dry Amplifyer (RRP $49.95) - This was one of the bonus sachets I got which is only 5ml so it's a one use thing. I also haven't tried this one just because I kept forgetting about it and usually I wash my too often to want to use special products like this in it. I do love a good volumising product though because my hair can be very flat at times. I would probably never buy the full sized product though, just because it's incredibly expensive and volume in my hair doesn't mean that much to me.
  7. Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Natural Beige (Dry/Normal Skin) (RRP $34.95) - I recently purchased this foundation at Chemist Warehouse when it was half price, but instead I got it in Ivory for Oily/Combination skin and I love it! I can't vouch for the sample sachet I got because I probably won't use it, but it's a great foundation and I think I've finally found the one. I love it so much that I went a bought another one in a darker colour to wear when I go out and have a tan etc. 
That's it for last month's bellabox! Overall it was good, but I think when I got it I just wasn't really in a sample-type mood and couldn't be bothered experimenting with all the products. Stay tuned for my review of the Pretty Woman Gelogic Top Coat.

Hope everyone has been well, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx