Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Inspired By... Part Two

Hello everyone! Firstly, I'm very sorry that this is up a day late. I had planned to do my nails on Sunday but instead I played The Sims all day and so I figured I would just do them on Monday and post them in the afternoon, but I ended up being called into work so I did them last night instead. And secondly, I'm not too keen on the title of these posts, mostly the 'Part Two' bit, so I've got to think of something more creative.

Now onto today's post. This design is inspired by the book [sic] by Joshua Cody. I've had this book for a while now and have always wanted to do a mani based on the book's cover so this was the perfect chance to do so. I also started reading the book which is actually a memoir of the author's experience with an aggressive form of cancer. I'm not very far into the book, because at times it seems far too intellectual for me (I don't understand a lot of the early references) but it is an excellent read so far. I'm no reviewer of books, but at the same time, this isn't a review blog so onto the mani now!


I think I'm safe to assume that the cover is cancer cells, so I felt a tiny bit unsure about whether to do this design or not. In the end, obviously, I went with it. And after I had finished, it felt like a way to honour the book and all that Joshua Cody has been through. 



I mixed Savvy's Grapetini and W7's Liberty, with a bit of White On by Sally Hansen together to get the colour of the smaller purple shapes. I then watered down some White On with acetone to get a thinner polish to dot over some of them as per the cells on the book. I then used an unknown brand darker purple for the bigger ones. I didn't top coat the design because the book itself is bumpy and I wanted that to sort of reflect in the mani. I think I did an okay job with this one. I had been thinking about this design for quite some time now, so I'm glad I was able to finally get around to doing it. Now to get around to finishing the book!

See you all next week with what I hope is a very special edition of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx