Monday, April 21, 2014

Inspired By... #4

Hello lovelies! Today's post may cause flashbacks to September last year when I was inspired by Jackson Pollock's artwork, because that's exactly what these nails were inspired by as well, just a different painting of his, albeit the same style. Check out last year's post here.

This time around I was inspired by his piece titled Silver On Black. It's a lot darker than previous splatter designs I've done but my aim was to focus on the black and dark teal colours more than the others. 




These nails didn't photograph quite as well as I had hoped. The teal looks more black than it should which is very annoying because it was such a good part of the design and one of the main reasons I chose the particular painting that I did. But they still look pretty good (even though they look a lot better in real life).



I found this photo here

And a bonus photo before I mattified my nails because the shine annoyed me. But you can see the other colours (dark pink, creamy yellow, and gray) much better in this picture.



I used quite a few polishes for this and since I'm not as my desk, I'm too lazy to name them all. But if you'd like o know a particular colour, let me know! 

I hope everyone has had a lovely Easter, sorry I never do holiday themed nails, I just know that if I do them I won't be happy with them. I have plans for another post towards the end of the week so look out for that. I'm trying really hard to get two posts out a week, but don't be disappointed if I don't always achieve that goal, just know that I'm trying! 

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx