Monday, April 28, 2014

Inspired By... #5

This week I was inspired by this skirt that I wore to a 21st on Friday night. 


Following this tutorial that the lovely divalicious01 on Instagram linked me to, I was able to recreate the herringbone/chevron type pattern you see on the skirt. I'm going to be honest when I say that while the tutorial was super easy to follow and made it look like a breeze, I had a bit of trouble with it. I was getting really frustrated when the squares wouldn't match up or one was way too big compared to the others and that was only on my left hand. I'll also admit that I did throw a dotting tool or two onto my desk when it wasn't going quite as planned. I was making so much frustrated noise in fact that at one point my mum walked past my room and asked "Is it all going okay?" And because of all that, who can blame me when I decided I wasn't going to do the same on my right hand, because there was no way I'd be able to do that pattern with my left hand. I was very wrong though.

When I eventually calmed down and was sort-of-but-not-really happy with it, I did decide to try it again on my right hand. And it turned out waaaay better than my left one did, which I was both annoyed and happy about, but you win some, you lose some. This design definitely takes a lot of practice but I'm not sure I'll be doing it again anytime soon.




On my other nails, I painted them the other colours of the skirt, the blue is Royal - Revlon and the black is Black Out - Sally Hansen which was also used in the pattern, along with White On - Sally Hansen.



I've had this design on for a few days now (mostly because I've been too lazy to take it off) and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like it as much as I thought I did. I was never completely happy with it, but I was also very proud of it, especially my right hand and even if I don't like it, I am still very proud of it because I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something completely new and different and even though they're far from perfect, it'll be nice to look back on and know that I can do it.

I hope everybody had another nice long weekend (if you live in Australia) and I hope you enjoy the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx