Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chevron Nail Art

Hi everybody! Today I'm using the purple gradient from yesterday as the base for some chevron nail art. This is a bit out of my comfort zone as I had a lot of trouble using the nail vinyls when I first got them. If you aren't in the nail art community or you just have no idea what Nail Vinyls are, let me direct you to this website and this instagram. Linda, the creator of Nail Vinyls reposts pictures and videos on her instragram on how to use the various products in the Nail Vinyls range. They make doing certain nail art a whole lot easier. However, until I did these nails, I thought very differently about them.

When I first received the Chevron Minis in the mail I was very excited about them because I had been seeing almost everyone's posts on Instagram about them and chevron is such a fun design that I wanted to try them out for myself. I was mega disappointed though because they just didn't work for me the way I had seen them work for so many other girls in the nail art community. I was frustrated to say the least when it pulled the base colour up and then dragged the top colour around as well. I did what the instructions recommended but I quickly gave up. Thinking back to it, I know it was my fault as I didn't top coat the base colour before using the Nail Vinyls and I was just really impatient about the whole thing. This turned me off them for a while and I sort of forgot that I even had them until recently.

Now, flash forward to this afternoon when all of a sudden I had the idea to use them on top of the purple gradient I did. I'm so incredibly glad I had a sudden brainwave to try them out again because I'm in love with the way they've turned out and I now understand where I went wrong the first time I tried to use them. As the gradient had been top coated with a fast drying top coat the day before, it made it super easy to put the vinyls on and then remove. That's the secret to it all (although not such a secret because Linda suggests this in the FAQs on her website). I was just too eager to try them out initially that I hadn't wanted to top coat them and then wait an extra 10-15 minutes. I will have to try that method out though instead of waiting a whole day after applying a fast dry top coat, so stay tuned for that post!

Now, onto the photos! I used Black Satin - Ulta3 and you can find the purple polishes here.



I love, love, love how it's turned out! I can't believe I waited so long to try them out again. I think I'll definitely be making a few more purchases from the Nail Vinyls website in the near future!

Sorry this post was a bit wordy, I guess it turned into a mini review but I felt the need to share my experience because in the end it turned out great, which is just a reminder to keep practising and trying and eventually things should work out the way they're supposed to!

1 comment:

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx