Thursday, July 03, 2014

Bright Splatter Nails!

Good morning everybody! 

If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I love doing splatter nails. I've done at least five different variations of them on my blog and I'm going to keep doing them forever. I'm not sure if I've ever said this before, but splatter was the first ever design I tried and it's what really started my love for all things nail art. So I am forever in love with doing them and seeing how they all turn out, because it might be the same method, but if you use the right colour combos and change it up each time, you'll always get a fresh new and fun mani that's different from other splatter designs you've done. 

Plus it's a super easy method, just get some straws and lightly dip them into your polish (or drip some onto your paper and dip into the polish there, but that's never worked for me) and then blow through the straw onto your nail! Some extra tips are to tape your fingers, which makes for easy clean up and obviously use different straws for the different colours. I find a white base is always good to start with, just because the colours pop even more, but you can use whatever base goes with your colour combo! That's the best part of doing splatter nails, it's very versatile.



These are seriously such amazing colours together!
Jelly - Ulta3 (green)
E-Nuf is E-Nuf - Essie (pink)
Avenue Maintain - Essie (blue)
Manic Panic - Australis (purple)

There was a massive mess when I had finished these but it's totally worth it and if you use the proper stuff, it's an easy clean! Make sure to top coat it with a thick fast trying top coat as it smooths it all out and keeps the bumps to a minimum.

Let me know what you think and I'll be back again soon with some more nail art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx