Saturday, June 07, 2014

Navy and Purple Watermarble

Hello lovelies! Apologies for my slight absence once again. I had a much busier working week than normal and instead of my usual one or two days, I worked four days. So I was very tired and exhausted which left me with no energy to even paint my nails, let alone do some nail art. But today I woke up refreshed and happy and decided to do some watermarbling.

If you follow me on Instagram (or if you see the feed in my sidebar) you'll have noticed that I finally got some new Essie nail polish. I ordered them through OzSale and pretty much everything you get from that site takes weeks and weeks to arrive. So I was very happy when they finally did come just at the end of May. The two colours in this mani are my favourites from the five that I got. I love a good navy and dark purple polish. They may even have made it into my top 10 polishes (is that be a post that anyone would like to see? Because I'm considering it).

This is by far the best watermarble I have ever done (next to a red and white one I did for Christmas day to make candy cane designs, but never got around to taking photos of, such a wasted opportunity...). I am so freakin' proud of this! Usually I only watermarble the two middle fingers and then do dots or gradients on the other three but I only ever do a full hand when I looooove how it's turned out.


Despite some bubble marks and a few little flaws I really am truly proud of it. It's designs like this that turn out sooo well that make me remember why I love doing what I do and I can't stop staring at them! I'm very, very pleased.

The colours are: After School Boy Blazer and Bahama Mama.


And some good news is that I think I've figured out how to use my new light box properly! It takes a bit of fiddling around with the background colours and lighting set up but it turned out great and I couldn't be more pleased about it.


That's for today, hopefully I'll be back in the next few days! Have a good long weekend (if you're in Australia except Western Australia) and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx