Monday, May 05, 2014

Inspired By... #6

This week my inspiration was a popular tutorial from Sarah at Chalkboard Nails; her blog was one of the first nail blogs I ever came across a few years ago and I fell in love with it instantly, it's definitely worth a look if you haven't already heard of her (but I'm sure at least 99% of people in the nail community have heard of her). 

The following was inspired by this tutorial which is a distressed, grungy sort of look. I tried this a few months ago and I wasn't happy with the outcome so I thought I would give it another go and I'm still a little unsure about it. I like the effect it made and the way the colours pop through the black. I did use a bit of a heavy hand on some nails to begin with before adjusting the way I used the brushes and they ended up looking okay I guess. My favourite part of the mani was how shiny it became when I top-coated it. It doesn't show that well in the following pictures, but in real life it was very smooth and glossy and I can't remember a top coat looking that good for a while.



I apologise for not putting the polishes up but I'm not near my desk and can't remember the names off the top of my head. But let me know if you'd like to know a colour and I'll tell you!

I have a few quick updates: you may have noticed I've changed how I watermark my photos. I learnt how to do the curved text using the program GIMP and it looks much nicer, I don't know why I didn't do this earlier. Also, I'm picking up an extra shift at work on Monday's from this week onwards, so I'll have to test whether these posts will still work on a Monday. Usually I do the nails over the weekend and have the post ready by Monday. So I'll just have to play it by ear for now and see if I can keep that up, which I can't see why not, but just a warning that maybe I'll have to change the day.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and have an even lovelier week!

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx