Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sponged Stripes & Bright Dots

I have another summery design today! There's nothing too special about this mani but I wanted to do a blog post regardless to give a few more details about it!

I started with a base of Sinful Color's Snow Me White and then dotted on Pamplona Purple - OPI, Naughty Nautical - Essie, and Did It On 'Em - OPI. For the accent nail, I applied a fast drying top coat, waited twenty minutes just to be safe, and applied some striping tape (the kind you can get from ebay). Then with ripped up bits of sponge, I sponged on the three colours. I didn't want to do a gradient or even combine the colours too much which is why I did each colour individually and it turned out way better than expected!



I really love this mani and I'm super proud of it. At first I wasn't sure about the colour combo, but as I did it, I realised it was a good choice and I was glad I didn't change any colours.

I'd love to do a full mani with the design from the accent nail and try out another colour combo!

Thanks for reading!

- Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx