Monday, November 18, 2013

Splatter Nails

The splatter design is my go-to nail art when I can't think of anything else to do or if I'm feeling uninspired. Over the past week and a bit I've realised I can't do nail art that doesn't begin with a white base, with the exception of the cling wrap mani though and maybe some dotticures. I always need a fresh white base to begin with, no matter what I attempt to do. I tried branching out and starting with different bases, but I just couldn't come up with anything decent or I couldn't replicate a design I liked. So expect to see a lot of white based nail art in the coming weeks!

For this design I used MBSW - O.P.I as the base, which everyone should know by now is my favourite white polish. I then used three colours: Vanellope - Lilypad Lacquer (from the August What's In-die Box?), Cosmic - Savvy by DB and UFO - Savvy by DB. Vanellope is a holographic polish, and I chose the other two because they had a holographic aspect to them, they both have tiny flecks of other colours amongst the polish and sometimes look sparkly.


This design is always fun and easy to do and it doesn't take too long! That's why I always enjoy doing it.

2 comments:

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx