Friday, November 22, 2013

Colourful Matte Dots

If you follow me on Instagram you'll have noticed that I posted these nails yesterday. I was too excited about them to not share straight away. I was supposed to be one a no-buy month, but Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale was just too good to ignore, so I bought the Revlon Matte Top Coat. I had been wanting it for so long, but just couldn't justify spending almost $14 to get it. I am so glad I broke my no-buy month because I love this top coat so much. I love all matte finishes and most of my lipsticks are matte because I prefer it over glossy lips. 

My first instinct when I got this was to do black nails with bright dots to give my nails a chalkboard look. That was all I could think of doing and I love the way they turned out. I did two coats of Blackmail - Australis and then used a dotting tool to put some dots everywhere. You may notice in the photos that there is some white, that's because I wanted the colours to really pop so I did white dots before putting down the colours and I think it worked brilliantly.

The colours I used were:
Orange: Orange Fizz - Savvy
Purple: Grapetini - Savvy
Blue: Feeling Blue - Models Own
Green: Misty Jade - Rimmel
Pink: Daiquiri - Savvy



My right hand nails are in such awful shape and I never realised taking a photo of them would be so difficult! 

Is there anything anyone would particularly like to see in the coming weeks? I'm up for taking suggestions on future posts if anybody wants to see something specific from me!

7 comments:

  1. Don't be silly, both of your hands look lovely! These are so freaking cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome! I love dots:) And great colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this Nail art looks just perfect! :)

    I love how the bright dots and the black background, complement each other!

    A beautiful Nail art
    x julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love putting bright colours against black background and having them pop!

      Delete
  4. how cute
    just followed you hope you will do the same
    Nail Mania

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate everybody's comments even if I sometimes don't reply to them Xx